Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a source for a fuel pressure regulator bracket, which will work with an Edelbrock #1406 carb, on a 302? I tried to use an Edelbrock aluminum mounting plate, #EDL-8189 from Summit. I thought it would fit my Edelbrock carburetor… since after all... it’s made by Edelbrock. However, it will only fit a Holley carb without making substantial modifications to the bracket itself. Strangely enough, Edelbrock doesnt make one to fit their own carb.

I could modify the bracket by “welding” all the holes shut on the aluminum bracket, then cut out all new holes, to clear the linkage of the Edelbrock carb (w/electric choke). I would then have to weld on an additional piece of aluminum, to accommodate the relocated regulator. I really want a clean installation to mount the Holley #HLY-12-803 regulator. Does anyone actually make the proper bracket or must I do some fabrication? I originally had the regulator mounted on the generic bracket that comes with it. I really want to mount the regulator right next to the carb and not on the inner fender well as I had it before. Any ideas?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK...Let me rephrase this. It doesn't have to be custom. What does everyone else use for this type of regulator set up?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats how I had origionally done it as well. I made up a bracket to mount it to the shock tower, but I wasnt too happy with that set up. I didnt like how the fuel line had to span across from the inner fender. I would really prefer to have it right next to the carb if possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts