Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok -

I jsut through up a quickie web to replace my ailing site. I have tested it through a remote conection to a other network and it SEEMS to be Ok, but I would appreciate it if someone(s) could hit the page, maybe open the Falcon Video (5MB) and hit me with a little feedback on the sites behavior.

http://www.murphysromance.com

Thanks

Murff

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
page opens fine,but couldnt get the vid to play here

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanks guys.

I tested this AM from my office and was able to download vid by right clicking and doing a Save As, but that's a pain in the rump.

I will continue to thrash upon this when I get home tonight.

thanks again.

Murff

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dodgestang -

You should see the size of the uncompressed avi.

I just rebuilt my firewall configuration, that should help with pulling down video.

As to download speeds, I'm on Comcast residential service. I can download at an average of 4 MB but upload speeds are limited to 352K. That's all the faster it will feed to anyone trying to download. I could go to a full T1 but I'm not ready to spend $300 per month for my internet (yet). My downloads scream when I'm pulling from someone that can support 4 megs.

My 'web host' is a little AMD 1 gig box running Server 2003 so the performance there isn't spectacular either.

My home network is kind of a 'mechanics special'. I'm a network engineer when I'm not in the garage so my network is obviously the last one to get tweaked. When I get home I would rather head out to the shop & jam on the Falcon (or Pinto) than work on my systems.

Murff

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shhh. I'm not gonna tell Comcast about it. (I also host my own mail server.)

Murff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts