Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Work is getting to be a real PITA (more now than ever).
Curious how everyone/anyone 'lets it go', as to not let them go friggin' postal on the idiots/inept/, just plain ass stupid f#%!s you have to deal with on a daily basis?
Thank gawd I'm going on a vacation in a week, but still that's 5 more work days of dealing with total ineptitude..........

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I feel your pain. After 20 years of that at Boeing I was fires. Thought it was just that business. Place I work at now is worse! I take a lot of anti-depressants & Valium to cope with these idiots that have the degrees & know absolutely nothing! Racing helps, I also have an understanding wife. I keep telling myself... A job is good... it's good to have a job, without it I can't have toys. Doesn't work well... but it works a little.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Yeap, GregCook hit the nail on the head

Seven years ago I walked away from it all. I now own and operate my own business ... I make all the decisions myself and no one on the face of the earth conrols my ability to earn a living, but ME. I make more $$$ now and have a much better standard of living than I ever did in "Corporate America".

It's a nice feeling to know that should you decide to tell some IDIOT to, "GO [email protected]# HIMSELF", you can and nothing will happen to you
Fortunately, I have never felt the need to do that, but just knowing you could is a real relief

Larry Madsen
Las Vegas Nevada

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MonsterMach on 4/28/02 12:47am ]</font>

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am envious of all you guys who had the balls to take a chance and do something you love. I am only 6 years from retirement and have always had to do what someone said and how and when they said.

I guess it is too late to change now but I would say go for it if you can.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Greg cook; you describe what is called a 1-2-sqrt 3 right triangle, which is 30 degrees- you said any math majors? (im engeneering, hate math, but boy do i do a lot of it)

Idiots at work? i find idiots wherever i go, just sucks that so much of the time you can't do anythign about them. Make me really wish ot give the darwin award the some of em.

·
Registered
15 Posts
actually to make more clear, because im not sure exactly what was ment by "slope" it could be 26.56 degrees

just covering my arse so im not calle dan idiot

·
Registered
5 Posts
i tell people to get out of my tower! or i tell them to have someone eles wright their dial-in becuase no one can read your writing.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
On 2002-04-29 21:29, Greg Cook wrote:
"Idiots with Degrees"????
And a large degree of idiots are well educated but dumber than a stump. Book knowledge is half, not all. The other half is practical knowledge which many are missing.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
The original question was how I deal with idiots. For years I just said "Yes sir, I will change it" but now I tell them to get their s*#t together or they are gone.
It is so nice to be the boss and not the employee (But the wife still tells me what to do..what dear, coming)

·
Registered
15 Posts
jeeze i make one little correctional statement and everyone jumps all over me. And NO i did not major in english, or at least typeing, i just dont really pay attention to how good my grammer is on a freekign post board! sorry

·
Premium Member
539 Posts

See these lil smiley faces.....they mean a lil humour
Fred
p.s. it is "Freaking" btw

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know what your going through, I've developed a sixth sense, I see stupid people. I've been laid off twice during the last year and each new job sucks worse than the last. How do I deal with the dummys, tell em how smart they are and what a wonderful idea they have, then do what you feel is right. Some of the people I work with are stuck for an answer when you say hello. Enjoy your vacation.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My policy is tell em the truth but only that. Dont elaborate too much and get into a slanging match.
If you get shot down for being honest and straightforward then you can hold your head up. If you cowtow (sp) or kissass or try to be too politically correct you will suffer.

Theres an old prefix that doesnt get used enough these days....
"With all due respect...."

BS is BS. The quicker people know you dont dish it out the less you will get from the other side of the fence.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Idiots area way of life. I my industry, Hotel and restaurant, idiots are needed to keep labor cost's in check. There hasn't been a kitchen I have worked in that hasn't had it's share of idiots. To deal with them at work, just realize someone needs to be the low man on the totem pole. Then go home and head out to the garage and either work on the fast Ford of your choice or take it for a drive. Then again if your drive it you will have even more idiots to deal with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts