Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum ,I want to put new disc brakes on my 64 Galaxie 500 2 dr fb. Is there a good place or bad place to get them ? What is the brand to go with ? Any and all dos and don'ts... I'm a rookie at this so I need you're pro opinions.Thanks a ton for your help folks !!!!!
Red

·
Registered
345 Posts
Do you turn wrenches? You can re-purpose spindles, rotors and calipers from a 1977-79 Thunderbird (or Cougar). Relatively inexpensive to go this route.

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
LOL Nick!
I couldn't be bothered stuffing around anymore. I NEED brakes.
About to post it on AFF.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ï asked the seller of this kit:eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d about the master cylinder will fit an original 63 brake booster, Galaxies with power brakes. The answer was "no, the master cylinder is only for manual brakes"

Someone know if some companies sell dual master cylinders that will fit a 63 brake boosters? The plan may be to make 2 circuit system with front disc brakes

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ï asked the seller of this kit:eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d about the master cylinder will fit an original 63 brake booster, Galaxies with power brakes. The answer was "no, the master cylinder is only for manual brakes"

Someone know if some companies sell dual master cylinders that will fit a 63 brake boosters? The plan may be to make 2 circuit system with front disc brakes
About how much does it cost to rebuild the booster on a 64 Galaxie 500 ?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I dont have a clue what it costs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts