Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Need advise on shocks and springs

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ckelly 
#1 ·
Within the next couple of weeks I will be ordering all the parts to redo the entire suspension system front and rear, I plan on installing a lowering upper control arms, negitive wedge kit, roller spring perches, 1 front swaybar, 4 leaf rear springs.

The part I am unsure about is to use GT/500lb or progressive rate street coil springs and which shocks KYBs or Edelbrock IAS.

All opinions/comments/advice welcome.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mels65 on 3/28/06 4:09am ]</font>

#3 ·
On 2006-03-27 12:14, mels65 wrote:
Within the next couple of weeks I will be ordering all the parts to redo the entire suspension system front and rear, I plan on installing a lowering upper control arms, negitive wedge kit, roller spring perches, 1 front swaybar, 4 leaf rear springs.

The part I am unsure about is to use GT/500lb or progressive rate street coil springs and which shocks KYBs or Edelbrock IAS.

All opinions/comments/advice welcome.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mels65 on 3/28/06 4:09am ]</font>
Where do you plan on making your purchase if you don't mind me asking? I plan on making a kit purchase this week and have it narrowed down to Mustang Depot or Mustangs Plus (most likely Mustang Depot).

My only difference is that I plan on waiting for the negative wedge kit until later on this summer do to cost...

This is the kit I am interested in (with some options added):

http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog/Suspension/susp-kit.htm

My setup is for street only... just pleasure driving. But I want to be able to hit the corners and highway on-ramps more aggressively (in addition to correcting the stink bug stance I currently have from my origional leaf springs).

Scott

#4 ·
I am going to order through Mustangs Plus because I can get every thing at there website except the disc brake kit I am going to use at one time, and I read on several other boards that they have really good support.

#6 ·
Mustangs Plus does a good job. A bit pricy on some things, but they have good customer service. The last order I placed I asked if they would please email the tracking number - the sales guy took the time to call and give me the number the next day.

Roller perches - maybe. I've done a set with poly for both cars using dielectric grease as lube. No squeaks and the shaft turns very free. $20 a pop to do, so YMMV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.