Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 93gt that has a stock bottom end with roush 200 heads, dss 1.6 rockers, ford racing Ecam, holley systemax intake, bbk 75mm throttle body, egr block off plate, 24lbs injectors, holley fuel pressure regulator, and pro m 24lbs mass air. the car runs great but if i give it any gas at idle when it idles back down it will die. i drive it down the road and push clutch in while still moving and give it gas and it will not die until i come to a stop and it idles down and it just shuts off. after it shuts off it will crank back up but it just sounds like its flooding out. any suggestions

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sounds like idle air valve on throttle body.(maybe) Set base idle and set TPS. Is idle surging?

Check for codes and report back.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Sounds like one of the more common problems with installing bolt on induction parts. You either don't have a custom reprogrammed chip for them or if you do they didn't take into account that the idle circuit needs to be adjusted to match the new requirements.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Check tps voltage at idle, should be between .4 and 1 volt and the same every time throttle is closed. Make sure throttle shaft is tight and not worn.
Make sure ignition timing is correct.
Disconnect IAC and with engine fully warmed up, adjust base idle speed to around 550-600 rpm.
Disconnect battery for 10 minutes. Reconnect battery and run engine to allow 'puter to re-learn it's idle settings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts