Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iam having problems with getting the rear brakes to work on my 83' it seems as if no pressure is going to the rear ok here what i have did so far..

I replaced the master cylinder still did not fix it.
then i got a proportion valve from the junkyard damn fords it did not fit
the lines on my car which was a v6 did not fit the valve ok soo we cleaned out the proportion valve that was on mine. When we bolted everything back up and cheaked to see if anything was coming out of the valve it was now, when we went to do a brake test to see if the rears worked once again still nothing. The next day we cheaked the lines i did not find any bends ect on the line leading from the front to the back of the car i even pressed the brake when i had the line disconected from the rear to see if it spit out fluid and, it DID and why would the line all of a sudden stop up? keep in mind i did not have this brake problem into we when from 7.5- V8 8.8. I asked around and sombody asked me did i change the wheel cylinders over to v8? I never thought you had to when making that swap all of them the same right?
anyhow i still do not know what to do iam pulling my hair and losing sleep and heath over this dose anybody on here knows what my problem could be ur help and advice i would really appreciate it.

thinks micheal

·
Registered
123 Posts
NOWHERE do I read about you bleeding the brakes ??? If you disconnected the brake lines you will need to bleed them !!

·
Registered
49 Posts
i would bleed the brakes adjust the wheel cylenders!
and when you take your master cylender of there should be a metal rod sticking out from the booster there should be a nut at the end i belive if this is correct you can adjust the little nut that way it puts out more fluid which is more pressure which will make your brakes more sensitive. and no theres no v8 or v6 clylender that i know of! i work at a parts store and it doesnt ask that when you go to buy one! but to be sure call your local parts store and act like your buying a wheel cylender and see if they ask if its v8 or v6? ok hope this helps let me know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts