Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 65 mustang with a 68 302 block with c4 transmission. It has edlebrock top end package , holley 600 double pumper , 2500 stall convertor, MSD distributor and MSD digital 6.

The issue is when im accelerating hard right when it gets to around 3k RPM the engine would start stuttering up until around 3700rpms. The car was running fine when I had a duraspark distributor with the msd box in it. Then when I swapped the MSD distributor it started to give me the problem. So thinking it was a distributor problem I swapped back the duraspark and still have the same problem. I have changed the springs and bushings in the msd to the smallest springs. I have messed with the timing. Currently have it at 10 degrees at idle and 34 total advance. I have set timing at 16 idle and around 36 total advance and still have the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on what my problem could be and how I can solve it?

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Check your plugs and look over the plug wires carefully. You could have a bad one or something with the gap. Sometimes it's the simple things that bite you.

I recently had a off 'n on miss with my car and chased it for days until a friend looked over my plug wires and found one that was touching a header pipe and was burnt threw in one place causing a random short.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts