Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how to delete the EGR entirely off a 92 5.0 or just how to remove it around the throttle body and if it will work please help fast so i can put car back together

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I need a answer if anyone knows please let me know!

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I haven't tried to do it but from what I know the EGR valve is only open between 5 and 10 inches vacuum from the motor. That means at idle(high vacuum) or at WOT(low vacuum) its automatically shut.

If I were disconnecting one temporarily I'd just plug the vacuum port to the EGR diaphram. If I were removing it completely I'd have to plug the exhaust gas tube fitting where ever that hooks up down in there and install some sort of EGR block off plate on the manifold. Hopefully this would not upset the pressure sensor too much but it probably would turn on the check engine light I suspect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hottarod on 3/23/02 3:32am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hottarod on 3/23/02 3:34am ]</font>

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you need to delete the EGR, you will have to block off the EGR passages either at the intake gaskets at each head or the upper/lower intake gasket. There are gasket sets that have the EGR passages blocked off. I believe you will have to block off where the EGR bolted to the upper intake as well or you will have a large vacuum leak.

Also, this will set codes in the computer but you probably knew that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im trying to just remove the part thats is on the egr spacer next to the throttle body i have the trick flow upper and lower and when i put it on its nailing my fuel pressuer regulater and i cant bolt it down. so i was wondering if i make and egr blank out of aluminum if it will work and get rid of the space problem im running into

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im hoping that removing that part of the EGR will solve the problem but do you think that i will have to still block off the upper/lower intake EGR input I think the top peice is just a sensor and it will just throw a code which I knew it would do. But i think just blocking it off near the throttle body will be fine. this will solve the problem of being able to fit the fuel pressure regulator under the upper intake.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i just took mine off when i installed the nitrous works plate...i also took the egr plug/drive assy off the valve and left it plugged in..stuck it under the intake with a couple if zip ties.. no check engine light anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts