Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for replacement fasteners. In specific as of right now I am looking for the captured nuts that clip in the frame that hold the (8) bumper/bracket bolts. (4) each side. Each side has two different size bolt/nut... I think these are called J Nuts but I am not certain. Any ideas where I can get these? I'll upload a pic of what I'm talking about in a minute...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just spent 3 hours combing the Interweb looking for these parts to no avail... I post on here and in less that 3 mins I get what I am looking for....

Thanks FORD4V429

·
Registered
336 Posts
This forum rocks and will give you more information on Galaxies than any other place on the web.....

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
youre welcome- I think Deb in here might have a link to the place that sells clipnuts and all that...i had it, but dunno what I did with it...thought it was justclips or something like that. if you pull the windshield/rear window moldings off, plan on getting new clips for those too- one guy on ebay had them, tough to find, start looking now :)

careful if you pull the moldings, my window popped the next day- chipped it with the molding tool(didnt know how to use it, started in a corner instead of center) then temp changed like 50 degrees overnight, plus I had just torqued the body down-wrong... was a sickening find the next day...finding the rear window for a 4 dr hdtp is tough too, mine came from maine, wrapped in a piece of foam, tossed on the frontportch- intact!

theres a lot of folks in here that know FE engines, Cruisomatic transmissions and about any other 'old ford' equipment, and a lot more that just love seeing these old cars saved instead of scrapped.

the 65 4 door hardtops were never a favorite of mine, but ours has grown on me... roll all 4 windows down and its WIDE open, looks pretty spiffy even with the extra door handles :) the 'flowthru' ventilation is awesome too- ours dont have air, but with the windows up, the front floor vents open, rear vent open there is a nice 'car-wide' draft that makes highway driving comfortable and quiet, probably cut into AC sales- guessing thats why it only lasted a couple years...
neatest thing about driving a 4 door hardtop hardtop, is that a LOT of kids have never seen a car without a centerpost, or with roll-up windows- let alone cranks on those little vent windows :) gets a lot of comments...

they REALLY dont build them like this anymore :)
Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts