Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The high beams on my '64 work, but my low beams don't. I replaced the dimmer switch thinking that would fix it, but the low beams still don't work, any ideas what it could be? Thanks

·
Registered
809 Posts
When my high beams are on all 4 lights are working, so if it were light bulbs then they would also be out when switched to high beam, right?
The low beam lights are dual filament bulbs, one for high and one for low. The high beam could be good and the low beam could be burnt out.

Since all four work on high grounds should be good, either low beams are burnt out, have corrosion at connection, or wire feeding low beams is bad.

Trying another bulb would be easiest, but you can test the feeds for power to see if wire is good. Or hook up bulb directly to power source and ground to see if bulb is good.

Lou

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally got my low beams working. I cleaned all connections on the headlight switch and at the firewall as well as at the headlight connector itself so somewhere I had a dirty or bad connection, but there working now!

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
Did you use a spray-on cleaner?

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Some dialectric grease on all connections might help keep future corrosion at bay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts