Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Need Help on 390 -bird Fender Trim

881 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  63ford406 
#1 ·
Any one have a '63 Galaxie front fender with the 390 bird on it that can take measurements of the mounting holes? I need to drill mine and don't know where to drill them. Thanks.

#5 ·
I put 390 emblems on my 352 Galaxie a long time ago. I just eye-balled them to be just about center in the fender section that is below the lower crease and between the fender and door opening.

If you have a 64 sales catalog, take a bird's eye view and see if center is about right.

#6 ·
I put 390 emblems on my 352 Galaxie a long time ago. I eye-balled them to be just about center in the fender section that is below the lower crease, between the fender and door opening, and above the rocker panel.

If you have a 64 sales catalog, take a bird's eye view and see if center is about right.

I can take a copy of my sales catalog showing the emblems and fax it to you, if you wish.

#8 ·
I'll try to help you, I went out and measured ours. From the back side you will have a trim fastner stud, go down from the fastner stud 3" and to the rear 1/4", this is where the top of your front pin is located. You can double check this by the lower body line, you will want to be 4 3/4" above it. The lower pin is 3 3/4" above this body line, the rear (top) pin is the same as the front pin 4 3/4" above the body line. When you are done the tail feathers will be 3" above the body line on the out side of the fender. Let me know if this helps, if not I'll try something else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.