Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I posted a while back about this same problem, but I have since added some new parts. The problem was... it was jerking/studdering at 2200 - 3000 rpm, and at idle it surges. I can watch the tack go from 1k to 1500 rpm at idle. Anyway, I replaced the Throttle Positioning Sensor (don't know how to set it, someone said 3 or 30 OEMs) I just slapped it on. I also replaced the 02 sensors. I have had no luck and getting rid of the problem.

I took the car to Ford to have them tell me what was wrong and they told me to put the smog pump back on. There has not been a smog pump on it for 2 years and I started getting this problem about 3 months ago. I am so clueless to what this can be. I have a Smog pump eliminator on it now and there is a plug (timing something) that was pulled off when the smog pump came off. The guy I bought it from said that is what the PRO shop told him to do.

Also, there is a hose (vaccum) that comes out of the full injector (I think! comes right out the front of it) that was plugged with a piece of hose and a bolt. It sucks in a lot of air when I take it off.

I am in such a great need for help here. NOBODY knows what is wrong with the darn thing. Anyone with any advice on where to start without having to buy parts and it still not working would be great.

Thank you for your time in advance,
Criket

·
Registered
91 Posts
Does that bolt plug off that tube really well all the time? Id find a better way to plug that off first of all. may not be the problem but that can cause a vacuum leak...and that could cause the problem your having. Good Luck, Ryan

·
Registered
91 Posts
Does that bolt plug off that tube really well all the time? Id find a better way to plug that off first of all. may not be the problem but that can cause a vacuum leak...and that could cause the problem your having. Good Luck, Ryan

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
TPS is set at .9 volts. If it's running like you say that's a good place to start. Maybe the temp sensor? Have someone you trust scan it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts