Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of installing the Crites shock tower kit on my 64 Fairlane and would appreciate photographs of the finished product from anyone who has it complete. The flat filler plate looks like it will overlap both front and rear ... should that be trimmed? My email is [email protected]. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a bunch of photos of mine in process, and yes they overlapped front and back except at the top front where the triangle gusset goes. Give me a day to find all the photos and I will send them to ya. Any questions feel free to ask and I wil try to help anyway I can. Dwayne

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dwayne ... looking forward to seeing the photos. Did you trim the overlap or leave of in place? My fabricator has already gotten well into the install and looking good but probably different than intended.
Dan

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dan, I just sent you some pics to your email. I left the overhang but did consider trimming them for a cleaner look, whichever works for you. Dwayne

·
Registered
79 Posts
I ground mine down for that seamless look. I left it open right above the a-arm. Pretty happy with how it came out. After painting it looks pretty good, almost like it was made that way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I WISH i would have done this when the motor was out but my excuse is there was so much other work to finish and i didnt think id have the car together in time plan on taking my car out later today the freaking sun is out in oregon!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts