Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get a better fuel pump than my stock pump for my 351c. its in a 72 mustang. i suspect the stock pump with not getting the job done, so i want to upgrade. but i called a couple of companies and they dont show any "street" or "high volume" pumps for a 351c!!! they go up to the 351w and jump to the 428-460 engines. whats up with this? guys i need some help here. the pump i was looking at first was a "carter" pump that works 120 gph at 6 psi,but then i got my bubble bursted.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You don't need 120 GPH for anything even resembling a street motor the size of the Cleveland.

Holley makes an 80 GPH mechanical that sells at PAW for 50.95.

PN HOL-12-854 (B)

I've been using one of these on my Cleveland for years, and it works great.

Good luck!

Greg P.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Greg P on 3/30/02 2:04am ]</font>

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yep, much better than stock. With my stock pump and a 700 DP fuel pressure went to "0" at WOT.

Now, it drops to about 4 PSI at WOT, never have had a starvation problem since.

Greg

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well ive been looking into this, and i found a holley machanical pump(summit) that im not sure if its the one you are talking about. this one says it delivers 60 gph, part # is HLY-12-854. is this the one you are talking about? or am i looking at the wrong one? oh yeah, whats "paw"?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i just checked the holley web site,and they have this pump delivering 80 gph(free flow) what does this mean? like i said before, summit's catalog has it listed as delivering 60 gph.whats the deal?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mach1deamon on 4/4/02 2:38am ]</font>

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think im going to order this holley mechanical pump,its the only one i could find anyway(thanks greg for the info). even if it is 60gph not 80 gph, is 60gph better than stock? i need to make up my mind, help guys!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Don't remember if the pump I have was sold as a 60 or an 80 GPH.

You NEED a PAW catalog. Call 818-678-3000. PAW is Performance Aumotive Warehouse. Parts Bible, if you ask me!

Good luck,

Greg

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well guys, more bad luck!! i tried to order this pump from summit,jegs,and paw, but they dont have it stocked! they all say they have it in their "backorder". so i called some local "performance" dealers, no luck. i went with a guy i know that works at a local parts store and he tried to order it from the holley co. but they told him that they dont have any till maybe in the 1st week of may!!!
i guess i have no choice but to wait and stay on "hold" status.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts