Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Ford Custom. 302 . AOD. Work in progress
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the life of me, I cannot remember or figure out how to mount this metal bracket that goes behind the passenger side headlight. I have it sitting behind the headlight right now, but it is not in the correct location. Any assistance or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Quick addition to my post. It should have something to do with mounting and securing the passenger side headlight buckets.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
For the life of me, I cannot remember or figure out how to mount this metal bracket that goes behind the passenger side headlight. I have it sitting behind the headlight right now, but it is not in the correct location. Any assistance or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving everybody.
On my 67 Galaxie there is a bracket 'like' that behind the pass headlight. The voltage regulator is mounted to that bracket on the side toward the rear. It appears to require another small bracket that extends lower to attach to the lower metal.

WTF, I will 'try' to get you a picture...stay tuned.

·
Registered
1965 Ford Custom. 302 . AOD. Work in progress
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some pictures of that area....I think I see two small brackets coming up from below to support the regulator bracket. Don't know that your 65 is exactly the same.

View attachment 174441 View attachment 174442 View attachment 174443 View attachment 174444 View attachment 174445
Thank you for Your response. My voltage regulator was originally mounted on the drivers side radiator frame and so it is a totally different set up than what you have there. Even the assembly manual shows a slightly larger bracket than the one I have so it’s tough to tell. Wish I took a better picture of it when I took it apart two years ago.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you for Your response. My voltage regulator was originally mounted on the drivers side radiator frame and so it is a totally different set up than what you have there. Even the assembly manual shows a slightly larger bracket than the one I have so it’s tough to tell. Wish I took a better picture of it when I took it apart two years ago.
I see now that you have a 302. Mine is a 390. Maybe that makes a difference in the mounting of the alternator and regulator. Someone with a 65 289/302 may be able to help you....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts