Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '67 Galaxie with a WER axle that I want to change over to a 9". I bought axles and housing that came out of a '68 Galaxie with a 390 and a differential that came out of what I'm told was a Thunderbird. I think this differential might actually be a 9-3/8" and not a 9".

I don't know what type of yoke is on this differential and I want to change it to a regular yoke. How do I identify what type of yoke I need? I see that there are standard yokes and Daytona support yokes. Can anyone tell me what I need by looking at the pics? Thanks for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
That is indeed a 9-3/8ths diff. IIRC a yoke from a Ford pick up with a 9-3/8ths uses a conventional U joint , I would see if someone on the Ford truck forums can help. Or simply use a conventional 9" with a 31 spline carrier ( or traction lock) . It will fit in the 9-3/8ths housing without any issue.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'm still unsure which yoke I need, whether it be a standard or Daytona. What I may do is order both and return whichever one is incorrect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts