Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have access to '79 spindles from T-bird and am wanting to add the "granada swap" to my '65 Fairlane.
Does anyone know if the ball joint and tierod ends are the same? I know the other dimensions are the same but I get mixed info from here about taper differences. I can use the outer tierod ends from the T-bird but the ball joint concerns me.
How about a comprehensive list of spindle interchangability amoung the different years?
That would be great as I have access to several different model and brand cars from a local salvage yard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: harleybud73 on 8/30/06 6:26pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: harleybud73 on 8/30/06 6:27pm ]</font>

·
Registered
830 Posts
I believe the t-bird spindles are totally different, similar to full size ford units. You need granada/monarch/versailles/comet/maverick units.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks..I understand the 75-80 Granada, 75-80 Monarch, 75-77 Mavarick, and 75-77 Comet are all the same. Are there any others that you know for sure?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been told to use the Versailles units you MUST use the entire unit. Something about the spindle shaft (or something else?) is larger so the rotors won't interchange. But they will work as a complete unit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok heres what I have found so far:
1...the Versailles issue is the lower balljoint hole dia. can sleeve it to make it work
2...I still get people guessing and not knowing what they are guessing...shame on you. If you don't KNOW its best to just keep quiet and learn.
3...the easiest ways to tell the difference between the correct assembllies and the larger ones is the width of the rotors...less than and inch(min. .81&quot
is right...larger than an inch(min. 1.12&quot
is wrong. AND there is a caliper attechment clip that is on the top of the caliper carrier with one screw in it(allen).
4...read this site even if its for Mustangs...
http://www.mustangsteve.com/granadadiscs.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts