Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever used the Comp Cam part# 35-000-8 or know anyone that has? The specs are intake and exhaust duration @ .050" lift - 214/224 degrees respectively, with a gross valve lift of .512"/.512". The lobe separation is 114 degrees. This will be going in a street/strip 91 Mustang Gt Hatchback. 302-stock bore and stroke. Forged flattop (4 eyebrow reliefs) pistons, edelbrock performer heads (6037), 1:6.1 roller rockers, Edelbrock AirGap Intake, 650 Speed Demon Carb, Full length Mac Headers, 5 Speed tremec, 3:73 Rear gears.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
991 Posts
yes 114 is too wide I would be around 110 personally

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
my cam has a 114 lsa. As far as I'm concerned, after reading up on cam theory etc... the base specs cam companies give out don't mean ****. The valve timing events are what you should be concerned with. Not all cams with a 114 LSA have the same overlap either. There are too many variables to say what exaclty is the right cam for your combo. I'd leave it to an expert and go with a custom cam. Since the Performer heads have a 1.90 valve you should not have any troubles with P/V clearance.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would use Comps hyd. roller lobe # 3313 on intake and exhaust with a 108 lobe center.
I've used this grind a few times on mild cars with no computer and smog and it rips from fairly low in the rpm range and pulls strongly up to 5500 rpm.
Specs:
[email protected] 218
Lift w/1.6 rockers: .528
Most small engines like the 302 benefit from a tighter lobe center but it all depends on the application.
Brian

www.immengines.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ou812 on 6/12/06 8:38am ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts