Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone post or email me a picture of what / how their accelerator cable is hooked to the carb for a 63 or similiar?

I mounted a Edelbrock carb last night and need to know what type of cable and how it gets fastned to the carb and rod. Manual tranny if that maters

Thanks
Kevin

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Throttle spring attaches below the cable on my 4100. Hairpin clip on kickdown rod is supposed to be a C-clip. Should be a spacer in there to keep the rod from flopping around but you can see the loop of bailing wire I used instead, on the throttle bracket. You probably have a bellcrank and cable for a kickdown instead of a rod, though. Bracket and spring for kickdown is my personal design. Black electrician's tape is wrapped around the broken throttle cable lining.

Other than that, it's all original!

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carburetor cable?

Thanks Putts.

I'm thinking since this is a manual transmision car i won't need to worry about kick down lever, hope not bc its not there either.

I'm wondering if i will be able to pick up the cable / rod that attaches the gas pedal rod to the carb at the local parts store?

I'm thinking this piece and the spring will all i will need to functinon the gas pedal to carb?

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I saw where some guys got the $25 one fron Autozone (24" I think) but were unhappy with a plastic part on it. If you search "Lokar" though, I think youi will find some happy campers that bought that setup.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
sixty3, no cable on a 63. All manual linkage. Bellcrank on the firewall goes through to the pedal, sticks up on the out side of the firewall, with a rod going to the carb. Stick is different than an automatic. I can take a picture for you.

Putts, 65 is the first year for a cable.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sixty3, no cable on a 63. All manual linkage. Bellcrank on the firewall goes through to the pedal, sticks up on the out side of the firewall, with a rod going to the carb. Stick is different than an automatic. I can take a picture for you.

Putts, 65 is the first year for a cable.
That would be great. I need to figure something out either purchase or make shift something. No close salvage yards to go picking through so am looking at what i can fab up.
thanks
Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts