1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive done some mods recently on my 95 mustang gt :
1_trickflow street heat intake w/a 65 mm fms throttle body
2-bbk shortys w/ a bbk X pipe

The car will run perfectly for 3 minutes and then start to misfire and detonate. Ive set the TPS from .90v to 1.00 v with no luck. its presently set at .97 v with the throttle body shut KOEO. Ive switched the tps 2 times and the iac 2 times and the o2 sensors 3 times. ive triple checked the plug wires "changed 2 times" to make sure they were installed properly. Ive drained the gas from the tank and added new fuel. Ive cleaned the mass air sensor 3 times with a non clorinated brake cleaner. the k/n filter doesnt have any oil on it at all. there are no vacumn leaks any where and i replaced all rubber vacumn line hoses. the electrical connectors to the fuel injectors are on correctly and the timing is correct 10 degrees btdc. WTF i just cant figure this problem out and i really need your help guys! the ecu was reset after each tps adjustment also

Thanks
larrylass

·
Registered
395 Posts
Run the codes for Key On Engine Run and see what that s telling you. Sounds like something that once it gets hot, is giving a bad signal.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was the rotor vane hitting the magnetic stator in the distributor. It had nothing to do with the mods i did it just decided to go out at this time go figure. Thanks ron buell for your reply .it was apprieciated. Go to www.my5o.com if you ever have any problems . At least there people will respond to your problem and try to help you out

Big Lar

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Yeah the EFI Board here doesn't get much traffic, its mostly the Garage and the All Ford Tech boards where most of the people hang.

Try posting in there if you have another problem, and I'm sure people would be willing to help you out! Glad you got it fixed though.

·
Registered
304 Posts
On 2006-07-07 20:13, Ronbuell wrote:
Run the codes for Key On Engine Run and see what that s telling you. Sounds like something that once it gets hot, is giving a bad signal.
check/change the temp sensor on the lower intake manifold.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts