Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to install the front end back under my 65 and i am not for sure of the sequence in doing this. i have my upper and lower control arms bolted in, and the spindles bolted on. i have the spring perches on now what do i need to do next? this is the first time i've done a job like this and i'm confused as to when to put the shock in and bolt it down and when to take the tension off of the coil springs. any help i would be so grateful. thanks, wendell.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
compress your coil springs, and put em in. Untension them, seat them on the perch, and in the shock tower while you loosen them, and once that's done, drop the shock in.

Easy as pie. Unless you have to fight the spring compressors, like I always do.

You might need to put a floor jack under the control arm to get the shock in right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thekingofazle on 7/18/06 11:07am ]</font>

·
Registered
743 Posts
theking has it right
compress your springs and put them up in the tower. Make sure the end of the spring is resting up against the stops that are on the perches

take compressor off and out. shocks will slide in from top. I had to use a jack to raise each assembly up to get holes/bolts to line up properly for shock installation

1 - 5 of 5 Posts