Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the final few pieces before I finish the reassembly of my motor and have a couple of questions. What vacuum hoses will I need for my distributor and power brakes and how exactly do they need to be hooked up? Also, what exactly is the part called that is installed in the intake and connects with one of the hoses from the heater core? This is my first attempt at an engine reassembly and I got the car this way so I really did not know how it was assembled. It is a 66 Fairlane with a carbed 87 302.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Go to any auto parts store
get 2' vacuum hose for distributor 1/8" I think
Then 4' of 3/8" High prusher hose for the Brake booster, and the PCV.
The Distributor is pluged in to the front of the carb into eather of two ports one will have no vacuum at idle it well be just above the carb base plate and the other well be in the base plate it will have full vacuum depending on what your dizzy wants.. Most likely the No vacuum at idle one...
the Brake Booster well be pluged into the manifold or the back of the carb base plate (there should be a big nipple at the back of the base plate. PCV well be pluged into eather of those also.. and If you have an automatic it well need a 1/8" plug in the manifold as well for the modulator. As for the heater hose conection its just a hose nipple?? now your not talking about where the thermostat goes?? right.. I'm not sure I'm not to farmailer with the 302 I'm running a 460.
Tim

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would someone be willing to take some up close pictures of their 302 with the various vacuum lines attached?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts