Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know if anyone has used the 427 Windsor PRO STREET Street Fighter Rotating Kit-from Coast High Performance,and if so how well has it survived?And what kind of power will it put out with a 69 351w base and stock 69 351w heads and a good cam,and no power adders.Just hope some has good news about this kit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 428cjmaverick on 1/9/07 9:30am ]</font>

·
Registered
991 Posts
Cant comment on the 427, but have sold a few dozens 331-347 Pro streets and a few 408 pro street shortblocks and have no complaints at this time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey,i wanted to know which would be a longer lasting motor as a week end car that goes to the track mabye every two months or more.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
None of them last forever....just pick the one YOU want to build and go for it. Sorry, but that's the only suggestion I can give you.

I've always had the best luck with stock stroke stuff. 357w and 306. The 306 runs 6.60's 1/8 mile at 104 and the 357w ran 6.20's at 108, both were stock crank/rods and good pistons. The 357w blew the mains out of the block and the 306 is STILL going. I TRIED to kill it last year but couldn't do it, even with 7800-8200 burnouts. How it would do on the street I have no idea..it's a drag car only.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I think the stock heads will limit the power to the point of where you don't have to worry about the block surviving..The 69 blocks are supposedly the strongest as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts