Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I recently removed the carburetor from my 1969 Galaxie 429. I foolishly failed to take pictures before removing it, and now I’m struggling to get the hoses routed correctly. This car has no A/C and a manual transmission. It does have power brakes. There is a heat tube that I believe connects to the choke directly from the intake manifold(?). There is a nipple on the front of the carb and a “t” fitting behind it. There is a tube that connects to the tube fitting. Does that also go to the intake manifold? I believe the nipple on the front connects to a hose that is attached to the distributor? Any help or advice would be welcome.
Thanks.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics would help. In the meantime, check here. http://squarebirds.org/Manuals/1965...strationsCatalog/09-1965Illust-FuelSystem.pdf

There should be an illustration for your engine showing the various items and how they connect.
Unfortunately they don’t seem to have a schematic for my model/engine/year. I attached three pics. One shows the metal tube (heat riser) attached to the choke and where I’ve inserted it into the manifold. I’m thinking that must be right because it’s the only place it can go. Another pic shows the rubber hose/tube which connects to a plastic fitting. I’m thinking the metal end of this may also go to the manifold? There is another hole next to the one with the heat tube. If those are correct then I just need to figure out what to connect to the remaining nipple on the plastic fitting.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts