Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I need the mounting kit for my passenger side rear view mirror (screws and the I guess you would say "self tapping" nuts that push into the panel). I see some for Mustangs but not my 69 Galaxie however I would guess they're probably a mutli-application item. Does anyone know what fits and where to get them?

Thanks.
Scott.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Wouldn't the Mustang kit work? The mirrors seem to look similar and I'd wonder if they'd engineer a different set of parts for mirrors on one car over another. You could probably use nutserts, or anything else you wanted to.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My galaxie never had a side view mirror, so no holes. I used two Rivnuts and they worked great. No special tools needed, bolt, washers and a nut.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for pointing out a few options I didn't think of rivnuts or nutzerts, those should be cheap & easy I'll give em a try.

Scott.

·
Registered
341 Posts
+3 on the rivet nuts. I used them on my '67 and they worked great.

I bought the "tool" to install them which consists of a nut with a machined lip that fits inside the rivnut to keep it centered, an allen head bolt with flat washer and a star washer to keep the rivet from spinning when tightening the bolt.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+3 on the rivet nuts. I used them on my '67 and they worked great.

I bought the "tool" to install them which consists of a nut with a machined lip that fits inside the rivnut to keep it centered, an allen head bolt with flat washer and a star washer to keep the rivet from spinning when tightening the bolt.
Can't get em here in small town Iowa but I'll check online looks like I may getting a few xtra but they don't look to spendy.

Thanks.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Can't get em here in small town Iowa but I'll check online looks like I may getting a few xtra but they don't look to spendy.

Thanks.
Yup, I bought them on-line and had to buy a bag of 25. Then I found them at a local hardware store where they could be purchased individually. Go figure........

If you want to pm me your info, I'll drop a couple in the mail for you for free. It's not like I'm going to use 25 in this lifetime.

Wouldn't be able to send then until the weekend though.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, I bought them on-line and had to buy a bag of 25. Then I found them at a local hardware store where they could be purchased individually. Go figure........

If you want to pm me your info, I'll drop a couple in the mail for you for free. It's not like I'm going to use 25 in this lifetime.

Wouldn't be able to send then until the weekend though.
Thanks 289Galaxie sent ya a PM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts