Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Following up on my last thread, Im not able to find a disc conversion kit that fits my stock 14 rims on my 63 galaxie (4 door, galaxie 500, 390). So Im going to get the wilwood conversion kit and get some new rims to complement it.

What are the measurements of a rims that I need to know if I want to go with a 15, 16, or 17 inch rim? And what tires will match with each?

This is a big help to me as the brakes aren't safe enough to drive to the wheel shop to have them take measurements.

Also--if anyone would like to show off their wheel set up in this thread I'd love to be inspired by what you've done. I love torq thrusts, but would be really excited to get something that is a little more unique.

Thanks to all. I'll post pics once Im able to get the disc conversion started!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
This link Custom wheels, rim tire packages will give you info on what wheel and tire combo will give you the desired overall diameter. You can put the stock info in one side and try other combos on the other to see what gets you close to matching up. If you pick a wheel and tire that is taller, or shorter than stock, it will also tell you by how much your speedo will out, which can be helpful in selecting new speedo gears. It is a real neat tool.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This link Custom wheels, rim tire packages will give you info on what wheel and tire combo will give you the desired overall diameter. You can put the stock info in one side and try other combos on the other to see what gets you close to matching up. If you pick a wheel and tire that is taller, or shorter than stock, it will also tell you by how much your speedo will out, which can be helpful in selecting new speedo gears. It is a real neat tool.
This is really great, 70xl. Thanks so much for sharing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts