Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Friday, I am going to Las Vegas to look at a car that I may purchase. The car is not running, so I would need to transport it back to California. I, however, don't have a truck and trailer. I have gotten a few quotes from a couple of auto transport companies. I also looked into the U-Haul rental route.
However, I know that a couple of guys on this board are from the Las Vegas area and was wondering if anyone knows of either a company in or around Vegas that can transport the car or where I can rent a truck and trailer for the day. The distance from Vegas to final destination (Apple Valley) is about 220 miles (Expedia shows it as 191 miles).
I just thought that it couldn't hurt to ask around.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
If my truck hadn't developed the starter trouble Id do it for ya. I love a good road trip
Your best bet IMHO is to get the small Uhaul truck and dolly, rent it for intown use, and just bring it back when your done. I've rented dollies from them twice before (for 2 different barracudas) and they are really good folks. As far as autotransport companies go, I wouldnt know, never used em.

70 Torino Conv. N code 429

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Luv70sfords on 6/20/02 7:55pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Hey Paul,I think Darrel has the right idea. Rent a U Haul truck and trailer locally and just return them when you're done.The Recycler has had a Morris Minor Panel with a 327 listed for real cheap and it's up in Las Vegas. Can you bring it back for me? What kind of car are you gonna pick up?

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Guys ... I know a guy here in Vegas that makes regular trips from Vegas to Cali.

He buys / sells Ford rear end parts and goes to "Currie" in Tustin on a regular basis.

He has trailers and would most likely do this for a fee, if you contact him. The beauty is ... zero fuss on your part.

Jim O'Hanley
702-245-9592

You might have to work the timing around his schedule though.

Actually, he goes back East a lot too ... might be a good number for anyone (in the USA) to keep track of.

Larry Madsen
Las Vegas Nevada

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MonsterMach on 6/20/02 10:33pm ]</font>

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On 2002-06-19 21:36, Just Jim wrote:
The Recycler has had a Morris Minor Panel with a 327 listed for real cheap and it's up in Las Vegas. Can you bring it back for me? What kind of car are you gonna pick up?
Jim, I could not find the Ad in Recycler. Do you have the information (phone number, price, etc)?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Hey guys,I thought I was the only one strange enough to be interested in a Morris Panel. The ad wasn't in this weeks Recycler but it appears from time to time with a 702 area code number(Las Vegas).I'll keep a look out for it.

Paul,I might take the Falcon up to LACR Friday June 28th.Maybe I'll see ya there if you get back from Vegas by then with your new mystery car.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim,
If you find the info on the Morris Panel soon, send me an e-mail. May be I can scout it out, take some pictures for you, etc. I will be in Vegas tommorrow to look at the car and may have to go back another day to pick it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts