Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not know where else to ask, so I though I might have some luck here. I need all of the brackets/bolts/nuts/washers/spacers for mounting the power steering pump and the alternator to the engine. We did not get this stuff when we got the engine, and we Need them! Please post here or email me at [email protected] if you have a set or know where I can get a set. I have tried Cal Mustang and NPD with no luck.
I need this stuff quick!
Thanks!!
Matt

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
ARP sells complete engine bolt kits, as for the brackets, check wrecking yards for 70-74 cars with Clevelands.

Rick

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
If you want to spend alot of money March Pulleys has nice brackets and allows you to put your accessories where you want.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I went to the junk yard and found the brackets needed for the Alt but not the PS. I need them for a 73 block with no A/C. There are no clevelands to be found in any junkyard arond here. Anyway, we have another problem. The flexplate will not fit in the bellhousing from the 302. Sooooo we finally found a bigger BH for the c-4 but the bolt holes are not right. everything else fit and would work,except that. There are slots for something that line up with the hole in the tranny, and I was thinking that there is some kind of adapter or something to get this to work...?
Another option is to grab a c-6 out for a J.Y. and get it rebuilt, but we were really hoppig to have this thing in and running by the end of the week. But that deadline is slipping away. Oh Well I guess.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks.
Matt

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Try finding an fmx, they had removeable bellhousings, they arent as strong as a C6 and not very many go-fast parts for them but they are everywhere.

Rick

·
Registered
184 Posts
the C4 came with either two
bellhousing patterns, large and
small, and on tranny shop even
said they made a dual bellhousing. The Cleveland uses
the small bolt pattern 302\351w\
351c, the flex plate is a 164
tooth, and can be gotten from
either the 351w\400m\351m.