Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have been waiting on Jegs to send me a set of Anti rattlers (window felts) for my 66 Galaxie fastback, and today they told me they have no idea of when Repops will be making them. Does anyone else make the rubber felts for a 66 Galaxie. Any help is appreciated. I also called Dennis Carpenter with no luck.
Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did try AutoKrafters as well. I am pretty sure they told me they sell Repops as well. Repops says they had a tooling issue, and now saying they have had material on back order for 2 months.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Guys, I have been waiting on Jegs to send me a set of Anti rattlers (window felts) for my 66 Galaxie fastback, and today they told me they have no idea of when Repops will be making them. Does anyone else make the rubber felts for a 66 Galaxie. Any help is appreciated. I also called Dennis Carpenter with no luck.
Mark
Hello Trip,

I have ordered 2 complete sets; one for a 1966 4 door hardtop (LTD) and one for a 1966 2 dr hardtop (gal 500 XL) from Obsolete and Classic Car Parts.

Fullsize-Ford-and-Mercury 1 Obsolete & Classic Auto Parts Catalogs

I haven't installed the 2dr hardtop ones yet but they look correct compared to the old ones. I have installed the 4 door hardtop ones and they were spot on.

They do make their own in house and saved my bacon because I couldn't find them for a 57F body (4 door hardtop) and when I called inquiring if they knew someone who did make them they said hymmmmm, well we make our own in house. They didn't have a listing for a 57F either but asked me some measurement questions and 10 minutes later called me back and said no problem.

Just thoughts.

Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Trip,

I have ordered 2 complete sets; one for a 1966 4 door hardtop (LTD) and one for a 1966 2 dr hardtop (gal 500 XL) from Obsolete and Classic Car Parts.

Fullsize-Ford-and-Mercury 1 Obsolete & Classic Auto Parts Catalogs

I haven't installed the 2dr hardtop ones yet but they look correct compared to the old ones. I have installed the 4 door hardtop ones and they were spot on.

They do make their own in house and saved my bacon because I couldn't find them for a 57F body (4 door hardtop) and when I called inquiring if they knew someone who did make them they said hymmmmm, well we make our own in house. They didn't have a listing for a 57F either but asked me some measurement questions and 10 minutes later called me back and said no problem.

Just thoughts.

Cheers
Thank you very much for that information. I will try to contact them immediately .

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
I made my own with the fuzzy side of Velcro. They don't really contact the glass but I'm not sure the originals did, either

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DesertXL,,,,
Thanks a million. I called Obsolete Classic and they happen to have a set in stock. I bought the kit and they are shipping to me tomorrow for $119.00.
I do appreciate the help and suggestions from everyone.
Mark

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
DesertXL,,,,
Thanks a million. I called Obsolete Classic and they happen to have a set in stock. I bought the kit and they are shipping to me tomorrow for $119.00.
I do appreciate the help and suggestions from everyone.
Mark
You are very welcome. Happy to help.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts