Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i installed a MSD blaster 2 coil in my 351c, and im planing on getting a MSD distributor/MSD 6 box. to compliment the upgrade i was thinking of adding better wires,and im looking at 3 sets: MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires, the Accel's 8.8 300+Race wires, or Ford Racing's 9mm ignition wires. what do you guys think i should go with? oh, the spark plugs im using are motorcraft.

·
Registered
330 Posts
i've got the same set-up, and I got the 8.5 Super Conductors. The engine compartment looks cool with all of the red. Only problem is that I mounted my coil on the shock tower, and the coil wire that comes with the 8.5 kit is not long enough to streatch to the tower, so I had to get a different red wire. Also, make sure you get the right ends that go into the dist. I had to swap mine out and it was a pain. You can really feel the difference with this set-up. Plus you can recurve your timing in about 2 mins. Very cool.
good luck

·
Registered
977 Posts
The MSD wires are definitely nice. I run the FMS 9mm's, and they are excellent wires. They are, of course, Ford blue, which is another reason to like them

·
Registered
508 Posts
I just put the Accel 300 wires on my 289, but I can't tell how much power increase there was from the swap. I also changed the plugs (Autolite) and as I was finishing up, noticed carb was leaking (Edelbrock) so I replaced that too (Road Demon). The car is more powerful, but I don't know how much power can be attributed to what.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts