Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find out where the neutral safety switch is located on my 1964 Galaxie 500. I have recently changed the 289 and C-4 auto for the 460 and C-6 auto. I am able to start the car in any position on the shift lever and must correct this before I can pass the tech for the street race next Saturday. I bought a wiring diagram manual from Greg Donahue a long time ago and I can not find the neutral safety switch in the manual anywhere. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance,
Bill Bailey

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It's bolted to the side of the tranny (the C-4 you took out) with 2, 5/16th inch bolts....

Looks like you have to make your own.... Or see if the one on the C-6 was on the shifter or the column or the tranny....

FE

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to my friends garage I sold the engine and trans to and found the neutral safety switch on the trans, My search has ended, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I spent part of this day with my friend tracing wires and trying to locate the switch which was not there, I even took off my steering wheel and turn signal switch and nearly had the column in pieces, too bad I didn't think of you all before I wasted my time. Thanks again friends,
Bill Bailey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts