Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a 65 Galaxie 500 convertible has original 352fe and cruise o matic auto. The trans is just not generating enough power for my liking and I was wondering what transmission would do the trick was thinking C6 but I just don't know enough and if so can the stock rear end handle the C6 any advice knowledge or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
why not just put some taller gears in the rear end ...
that will wake it up...
But will suffer if you do a lot of highway driving.....

you most likely have 3''00 gears and stepping up to 3"50 would help a lot..

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree to the above. To add, a C6 will take more HP to run than a COM. The COM is a decent enough transmission for your current application.

I am no expert, but if you have a 9 inch rear end, it will handle most anything you are likely to throw at it.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
why not just put some taller gears in the rear end ...
that will wake it up... But will suffer if you do a lot of highway driving..... you most likely have 3''00 gears and stepping up to 3"50 would help a lot..
Hey Mr. R,
Are you sure that you meant to say this?

"Taller Gears" would serve to give better highway cruising, but acceleration off the line would suffer. Also, 3:50 to 1 is NOT "taller" than 3:00 to 1.

JC

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Hey Mr. R,
Are you sure that you meant to say this?

"Taller Gears" would serve to give better highway cruising, but acceleration off the line would suffer. Also, 3:50 to 1 is NOT "taller" than 3:00 to 1.

JC
Your are correct Jc ....
But the numbers made it clear what I was thinking.. :D

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts