1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please Delete. Thanks !

HI,

I'm new here & really like this Forum !

I have a question : I Just received my Short Block 331 stroker, paid over $ 3,000. Looking through the water passages I can see lots of rust, chunks, small & large peaces big enough to plug my new 3 row stock radiator !

Is this normal ? I tried to take a few Pictures...

Thank You for any Help !

Sorry clicked Wrong Forum to post.. (remember I'm new)---LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Not normal. Are you sure that is rust and not pieces of sand cast? Its hard to tell. Shouldn't be sand cast in there either.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
ok...well alrighty then, lol.

your block should have been dipped to remove the rust . . the rust is a sign of a budget builder which would make me wonder about the rest of the build and "quality" of work done . . please post the name, number and address of the builder so we can make him look bad . . the good thing is that the rust on the cylinders is not bad/excessive.

buy a gano filter . . it goes in your top rad hose and will filter out rust bits . . most parts suppliers carry them.

buy some mercedes benz citric acid flush . . break your engine in with straight water . . drain the water, mix the acid with warm water then add it to your empty cooling system and fill it up . . drive around with it for 15 minutes or more . . leave it in there and drive around with it again later . . dump it out . . next, if you want, fill it up with water and 8 oz of baking soda and run it for a few minutes . . it will neutralize the acid . . dump it and add water and anti freeze.

don't leave the acid in there over night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts