Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edelbrock finally has a dual quad intake for 351W engines. Check out the new for 2007 section.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Price Motorsports had one available last summer. Still no tunnel rams tho'.

Murff

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been hearing about the Price Motorsports intake for year but have never seen one. Did they actually get around to building it?

·
Registered
865 Posts
The dual quads are only for looks. It will make 25 H P less than an rpm performer. Dont get too excited. JOE SHERMAN RACING

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
2x4 tunnel port is a bit different than a 351dq intake =).

Cris

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I wonder if you can only run the Carter/Edelbrock carbs. It doesn't look Holley friendly to me.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
On 2006-11-23 00:56, BrianS wrote:

http://www.edelbrock.com/images/home/new_products.pdf
I also saw a description for 302 & 351 Clevor 2V/4V intakes. No pic though. Performer RPM E-Boss 302 & 351 1500-6500RPM. #7129 & 7183.
While I agree the dual is cool. I think that you finding out that there are making a BOSS 302 style intake is superior!
And the cleveor 351W intake.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It would be better if they made the RPM Cleveland heads where they flowed in the same league as the CHI 2V heads....
"Hey lets just copy the OEM port..."

·
Registered
331 Posts
Dual AFB's look great under the hood. I run them. And YES less HP then a single 4-barrel.

I wanted the look...and the little HP I'm loosing is OK on the street.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
the air gap design should be close to the single 4bbl if not equal or better, how about dual holley TBI's? they will fit.............JOE what do you think?
Most of the dual quad designs are "old school" could this be a new deal?

I still think TBI can make excellent power............just needs more air than a carb.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
The dual quads are only for looks. It will make 25 H P less than an rpm performer. Dont get too excited. JOE SHERMAN RACING
I somewhat agree, especially with street driven vehicles, but if there was a racing class that allowed 2X4 intakes or singles...how many of the cars do you think would only have one 4 barrel? I'm thinking zero. Much like pro stock. Nobody will put in the effort to optimize the 2 carb setup for the street, but don't kid yourself about 2X4's making power if needed.

Edelbrock "cleverly" made their 2X4 intakes with the carb mounts so close together it is impossible to use Holley or Demon carbs except maybe sideways. So edelbrock (carter) carbs or nothing? Oh...thanks. If their carbs performed as well as holleys or demons, do you think they would have done that? Insecurity.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts