Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Well that's exactly what I am running except my combustion chambers are smaller.
They are basically ProComp heads (chinese castings) labeled as PBM Strike Force.
Best bang for the buck in my opinion.
Check out my Falcon website for the engine build and a couple of videos of burnouts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 67falconer on 9/5/06 10:07am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same thoughts about the combustion chamber. I'm running flat-tops and want to run at least 10:1
The intake runners seem to be a little higher then what I was looking for too.

67falconer,
Nice car and very nice sounding.
Who did your bumpers?
What 1/4mi times have you been able to get?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Haven't got a 1/4 mile time yet but hopefully soon.
The runners are slightly taller and match a Vic jr quite nicely. With my .030 351w block and 19cc dish pistons I have about 10.7-1 compression with my deck height.
Oh yeah my heads are 60cc

I had the bumpers done at Sacramento Bumper in Sacramento CA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 67falconer on 9/5/06 12:12pm ]</font>

·
Registered
729 Posts
Thats cause the last picture isnt the Strike Force heads. The Strike Force heads have the single small pattern only. They work nicely with Crites 1.75" headsers.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The head with 2 bolt patterns looks like a Dart/Roush 200 head.

I have a couple sets of the ProComp heads, a set of 210cc and a set of 190cc. I have to agee they are a good bang for the buck.

How much cam do you have in your 408 and what is the power range?

·
Registered
729 Posts
My cam specs area little mild at 560 lift 243 duration 110 LS

So far my power range is from about 2500 to 6000 rpm. I say so far because I'm still tuning it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I've talked to the guys at PEM, which is PBM's machine division about their 'Pro Comp' heads. The guy machining them was under the impression they were from Australia!! This was quite a while ago though, and since then we've ironed out that they're chinese lol. But anyhow, those guys do know what they're doing, and unlike many of the other ebay based sellers marketing these heads, they DO take the time to make sure that each head is setup correctly before shipping. That means no pushrod rubbing on the head casting, and a clean professional valve job. Alexsparts (ebay) also sells these heads...cheaper, and he's not a machinist, but he goes the extra mile to make sure you're happy with your purchase. If I were going to buy a set, it would be from one of these two.

Cris

·
Registered
865 Posts
The heads are made in China, the the guy that sells them is in Australia. I know someone over there who went to the ProComp factory, He said they dont actually make anything, they just rebox it,I would be very leary of these things. JOE SHERMAN RACING

·
Registered
659 Posts
I am currently running Pro Comp 210cc 2.05/1.60 heads.
The machined areas were right on. The cast quality was good.
Had them checked out at a local hot rod machine shop and they were impressed.
I got mine for TMD off ebay.
The only thing that i was a bit taken aback by was the valve seat area. It needed to be worked some. Had them flowed just for fun and flow 278 cfm @ .600
I got mine bare and installed good valves and springs.retainer/locks.
A friend of mine got an assembled set. The springs were not real stout and the keepers were junk. So be careful

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
67 Falcon, watched your vids, your can sounds great, but it does not launch straight..... When you run the quarter, think the tail of the car will finish before the nose?

·
Registered
19 Posts
On 2006-09-05 16:46, ran347nosgt wrote:
They also have the Pro Toplines!
Not even close to the same company.. there is a HUGE difference between the Pro Comp and the Pro Toplines....

I run teh Pro Toplines Pro Action 200 cc heads which were before Comp Cams division of RHS bought out Pro Topline...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
On 2006-09-06 01:17, cammerstang65 wrote:
the pro comp heads are not chinese castings THEY ARE MADE IN AUSTRALIA
I'm surprised this is still going around. Pro Topline was an Aussie company that went bankrupt/etc. Comp Cams bought the rights to their stuff, and re-established RHS (Racing Head Service). PRO TOPLINE was Australian, AND IS NOW RHS. TOTALLY DIFFERENT HEADS!!! =). Pro Comp Electronics sells Chinese knockoff's of the Victor Jr cylinder head. They also sell knockoff MSD stuff, and a lot of other chinese items as well. Some of the stuff is ok quality, some not so ok. This is their contact info:

Pro Comp Electronics
1147 W Brooks St
Ontario CA 91762
Tel: 909 988 3044
Fax: 909 988 6055
[email protected]
http://www.procompelectronics.com

Once again for the recordbook! =). Pro Comp/Pro Comp Electronics, and any derivation of them sold on ebay, (including PBM Strikeforce, Avenger Cylinder Heads, TMD, Hawks Racing, etc) are chinese knockoffs...one way to tell visually is the single bolt pattern exhaust, and rectangular mounting pad for the rocker studs/guideplates. Pro Topline/RHS were Australian, and I believe have dual pattern exhaust, and a dog bone shaped mounting pad for rocker studs and guideplates.

Hope this clears this up. Again.

Cris

EDIT
Tri State Cylinder heads are also Pro Comps btw.

C

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Is1BadFord on 9/7/06 7:12am ]</font>

·
Registered
460 Posts
On 2006-09-06 01:17, cammerstang65 wrote:
the pro comp heads are not chinese castings THEY ARE MADE IN AUSTRALIA
They're not made in my fair land. Like stated, Made in China.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Thanks, I didnt want to type all that LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts