Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 66 mustang with a 89 5.0 with fuel injection and an AOD tranny how does this combo sound and do you think it will very fast on the street? 89 block speed pro forged pistons (9.8:1 comp) stock rods, crank balanced and blueprintedcomp cams XE266HR cam 216/224 durantion @.050 .544/.555 lift AFR 165cc heads, Trick Flow street heat intake with 24psi injectors 70mm bbk throttlebody 75mm pro-m mass air. What kind of stall and rear gears do you think I will need with this thank for any advise.

·
Registered
237 Posts
NICE. i would think it should be well into the 13s, maybe mid to low 13s with the right tranny and gear combo. shift kit, maybe around 3.5 or a little deaper posi, and 2400 or so stall with a shift kit. i would get some more input from the more experienced on this board. im still in the process of learning.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Good combo. This combo will really respond to a set of 380 gears. 411's might be even better. The overdrive will keep it livable on the street. I'm hoping you have a set of headers and exhaust to go with the good breathing heads. I'd say a stall in the 2500 range although my autotranny experience is limited. With slicks and gear I say you ought to be knocking on high twelves with no problem. Be sure to add a tranny cooler. A shift kit to firm up those infamous mushy ford shifts would probably help, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts