Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a local car gathering that meets in the lot of a department store here in the northern IN area every Friday night. The Galaxies are starting to appear! If/when I can I try to network with these people, I tell them about the Forum, and make buddies. I met up with some real down to earth people last week named Jeff and Sue. Well, this week these same people were there again, looking for me. My dash pad (the one that goes above the speedometer on my 65) is split like a sausage from the California sun. Jeff and Sue have two 67s, one 66 with XL interior, and one 65 500 4dr. They open up the trunk of the 67 they brought that night, and presented me with a virtually undamaged dash pad. They got it for nothing, and asked nothing for it. I had one of the worst days of my life today and I will admit, when they gave me this piece I just about got a little emotional. I wondered if I would ever aquire this piece due to rarity, let alone cost, and there it was in my hands for nothing! I think I can now speak from enough time/experience that Galaxie owners are special people. It's something we can all maintain and be proud of.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: v8shadow on 8/5/06 11:31am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: v8shadow on 8/5/06 11:32am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: v8shadow on 8/5/06 11:33am ]</font>

·
Registered
120 Posts
thats the cool thing about people ... they are just like you and me and everyone else... if they been there then they know how ya feel...

I like to think of it this way .. just remeber when your lookin at someones ride and ya remeber the day they handed you the dash pad.. and you can pass something on to someone else..... They too will feel that way.. and their is NO BETTER feeling than that ..

From the giving end... or the receiving end...

gratz and good luck..

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I was talking about this on another board, there is something about Galaxies, they feel like a "cult" car to me.

I learnt the hard way this year with a G.M car, from now on its FORD and GALAXIES

In my experience Galaxie owners are really cool people

L

·
Registered
646 Posts
That's really great Ken. I believe that what goes around comes around and even though you may get to thinking that you have given more than you are gettin' in the long run things even up. There is no amount of money that can give you that feeling. I know you have heard the Do Unto Others line before. Let us see a pic of the dash pad installed!

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
That was really nice of them! I have had people do the same for me and when possible I try to return the favor. I had a part my husband asked if I was going to throw away and I said heck no, I'll find it a home somewhere and I have a few times. Just being in the military it's hard to hang onto things and pack them around. Being a pack rat it's especially difficult to part with all those treasures! "Might need that some day" I have heard most of my life and how true it is. Even if it's not needed by ones self. Feels great to be able to help someone out.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hey Deb, you Air Force? Thinking Edwards AFB. Ever gone to see the Shuttle land?

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Yep and yep. When we first got here in '02 we watched the endeavour land. I missed seeing it fly out of here on the 747 though durn it. Then the discovery last july it was dark so all we did was hear the booms, saw the lights then everyone lost track of it and next thing we knew it landed. No more getting up at 4am to watch that in the dark.
It was pretty cool to not be here even a week and get to see a landing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShotRod64 on 8/6/06 7:11am ]</font>

·
Registered
198 Posts
My wife is a rocket scientist. Works on the Space Station. No foolin'. It helps fund - what else - my Galaxie! We've seen landings and launches. Our space program is a great source of American pride.

On the topic - I haven't yet figured out how to best attach my dash cover. I got the DashMates parts from MAC's or some such place. The large part was simple enough, but my old smaller dash section is warped beyond belief. The mounting tabs (on the car itself) are of plastic and won't bend up like I need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts