Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2006 Mustang Gt 5 speed. It has disc brakes all the way around. I had my wheel off replacing my pads one day and got a hair up my A** to try something. The Wheel fit on my '67 XL Hub!!

The bolt pattern matches. The flanges that hold everything on are 4 bolt just like the rear drum mounts on the XL. HMMMM....

Is it possible that Ford has gone back to standard dimensions and we can get wrecked mustang rears and salvage the parts for a disc brake conversion???

Just a thought!

·
Registered
653 Posts
I own a 2006 Mustang Gt 5 speed. It has disc brakes all the way around. I had my wheel off replacing my pads one day and got a hair up my A** to try something. The Wheel fit on my '67 XL Hub!!

The bolt pattern matches. The flanges that hold everything on are 4 bolt just like the rear drum mounts on the XL. HMMMM....

Is it possible that Ford has gone back to standard dimensions and we can get wrecked mustang rears and salvage the parts for a disc brake conversion???
RWD 5-bolt Fords have been 5x4.5 for a long time, excepting some '70s big cars that were 5x5, and the MN12/FN10 family ('89-98 Thunderbird/Mark VIII) and DEW98-platform (Lincoln LS and '02- Boringbird) which were 5x4.25.

The late Mustang rears are an 8.8, some of the parts might swap to the latest of the 9in 'intermediate' bearing-flange rears but remember there were several different 9in bearing flange patterns.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RWD 5-bolt Fords have been 5x4.5 for a long time, excepting some '70s big cars that were 5x5, and the MN12/FN10 family ('89-98 Thunderbird/Mark VIII) and DEW98-platform (Lincoln LS and '02- Boringbird) which were 5x4.25.

The late Mustang rears are an 8.8, some of the parts might swap to the latest of the 9in 'intermediate' bearing-flange rears but remember there were several different 9in bearing flange patterns.
Glad someone knows way more than I do on it. I just thought it may be easy swap. I have no plans on it but thought I'd toss it out there :)

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts