Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Designed for Ford 289-351W, these new Edelbrock/Chapman Victor Jr. heads are fully CNC-ported by the experts at Chapman Racing and are capable of 600+ hp out-of-the-box. These heads flow 320+ cfm through a 2.10" intake on a stock 4" bore. No special valve train is needed. Victor Jr. CNC heads #61269 are compatible with stock exhaust bolt patterns and flow 220+ cfm through a 1.60" exhaust valve. Victor Jr. CNC heads #61279 match the J302 diagonal exhaust bolt pattern and flow 240+ cfm through a 1.60" valve on a stock 4" bore.

Kent:
You wre right the potential of these heads is awesome. Ive always thought they were one of the better heads for the money.

Looking at the info on the reincarnation-automotive.com site it looks like the perf rpm 460 heads are good stuff. But I dont here much about people running them. Anyone have any hands on time with these heads? What about the new perf rpm CJ version? Wonder what these heads would do if they CNC them like the smallblock heads

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
The Victor Jr heads have even more potential than that but they pricey being Chapman CNC ported(I guess). AFR 205s only flow about 300CFM with their CNC port but I haven't seen the AFR 225 pricing or flow yet. I know the 225s will be more expensive than the 205s and put the money saved with Vr Jr heads into a good port job and they should exceed the 225s no problem. Maybe the Chapman CNC port Vr Jr heads are about the same price as the AFR 225s. Either way, they are both good heads.

The Vr Jr 460 heads are the regular RPM heads with a larger CNC'd port opening which allows the use of CJ/SCJ intakes but doesn't flow any better. It still has the small RPM port inside and necks down after the CJ opening. They are good heads but I would rather have the RPM head which has the smaller port entrance and just opon it up enough to match a good intake for the consistent port size since the heads neck down in the port between the pushrod holes anyway. I am having sleeves installed in my alum CJ pushrod holes so I can open that area of restriction up on my heads for added volume and flow. i think the Edelbrocks are a little cheaper than the alum CJ heads but the alum CJ heads have a little more power potential(When I say alum CJ heads, I mean the Motorsport alum heads). Motorsport just came out with a new improved alum CJ head which makes 50HP more than the old A-429 heads from better valve placement in the combustion chamber and comes closer to equaling the Blue Thunder heads. Many good things I've heard about the new updated alum CJ heads.

The

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kent

yea...havnt seen the prices on the cnc vic jr yet. But its a killer head reguardless with those numbers for an out of the box bolt on head. It just keeps getting better and better for the windsor crowd

Is there any details on the net about these new big block heads from ford?

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
There is a forum which already had a large discussion on the new Edelbrock 460 Vr Jr heads and the new Motorsport alum 460 CJ heads and compared to the RPM and old alum CJ heads. I am at this 385 series forum more than I am here except I mostly read over there and don't post much. Infinite 460 knowledge over there. Here's the link: 429/460 385 series forum

<font color="red">ENJOY!</font>

KENT- '65 Failane 500 wagon, '68 Falcon wagon, '78 Fairmont wagon, '76 Pinto wagon, '00 F-250 SD V-10 crew cab off road 4X4, '01 Focus SE DOHC 2.0L

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 89 coupe on 3/24/02 3:15am ]</font>

·
Registered
16 Posts
These heads are like a Cleveland style head!! THINK ABOUT IT,2.10 intake in a REGULAR small block Ford head??? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! Specials hedders,intake,etc!!!!!
These heads are designed like the YATES HEADS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ran331gt50:

You might want to go to Edelbrock's website and check them out. THey are not C motor style heads at all. They ar W heads and use the 351W vic jr intake and W motor exhaust bolt pattern.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The AFR's actually outflow the Chapman Vic's until between .600 and .700 lift. They really seem close and I'd like to have either one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts