Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got myself a new Fairlane today! I'm pretty excited. I won't be able to bring her home for a couple of weeks, but at least I have it.

I sold my other two a couple of years ago, they were both four doors. So it's nice to have one again.

I'm not sure what all it needs yet, but I'm sure it will be a long list. But it runs and drives! Can't wait to get it home and start on it.

It has a 302 w/ C4 tranny. Currently running open headers. Should be a fun project.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice mate, congratz!

Thanks. Here's the other side. Door and fender were replaced with more solid ones. The guy still has the originals too.

Hope to get it cleaned up a little and get better pics when I get it home. Getting a 2 door has been a dream of mine since I was 16! I'm already mapping out plans in my head for it.

First thing after I get it home - taking it for a drive around the block! My first two Fairlanes never ran, so I've never actually driven one. Kinda crazy.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my car home today! It needs a lot of love but it's a good project, and at least it runs.

Also brought home the parts car. Lots of little stuff on it that I need. I might be selling some stuff I don't want later on. I have to go through it and see what's good and what's junk. It was hit in the front. There is nothing good from roughly the windshield forward.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like a great start! What are your plans for the build?

Nothing too crazy. I need to focus on the mechanicals. It needs exhaust and transmission work. Need to do some work on the wiring too. I would like to get it drivable pretty soon.

Then I plan on moving to the floor pans. Once that's done, fix the interior and enjoy driving it! Body work will be done as I can. I don't plan on having it paintable for a couple of years.

I'm doing more of a resto-mod kinda build. Not a full blown, strip it down to nothing, full on restoration. I want to be able to drive it as I build it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally got around to working on my car a little bit. Cleaned all the parts out of it and washed it. Found all kinds of little parts, trim and rust. Floors are pretty bad, but mostly superficial, not structural. I did find it had air shocks on the back. Put some air in them and raised the car a couple of inches in the rear. Also looks like it was given a very bad paint job at some point.

Here's a before and after:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts