Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that new coils have to settle but comeon now. I have had them in since 2003 or early 2004 with the weight of a big block and tranny and now a year with the body and I don't think my suspension is settling. I got some coils from a local shop that are for the car with a big block and were hard as hell putting in. I also have Lakewood 70/30 shocks. My spindle is 78 thunderchicken's and have yet to have it aligned etc. Should I be expecting this to remain or what. The only bounce is in the tires, that I can tell. Any help or suggestions?

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Did either of you rebuild the entire front suspension when the new springs went in?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure did, used new rubber in the arms, new everything pretty much. Did use the original offset shaft, and other hardware. I didn't use any insulator on the top of the springs a) because the new one's I got were split (1 was) and b) because the others I got at the spring shop were about 1-1.5" thick and made of plastic it seemed. What tips do you guys have proving important when rebuilding the suspension?

·
Registered
965 Posts
The front on my country squire was completely rebuilt but I think the problem with the springs I got was they were laying around for many years making settling difficult due to them not being compressed for that long if thats possible or I got the wron springs. Jeff

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm takin mine to another spring shop and see what Dan says. He'll lay it out for me. Just hope that it can be resolved. Right now, my upper A arms have no shims, and the lower I think is ok, but of coarse will make sure before she sees the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.