Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Chris.. i think i can really share some my knowledge..
I have a pretty nice build i think in my Truck..

so yeah im in TN in case anyone needs some help wrenching on something in my area i can help..

heres the specs on the truck

92 F150 Reg Cab Short Bed Flareside.
AOD
3.55 gears

the 5.0 is now a .030 over with about 600 miles on it.
Comp Cam XE-264HR
Scorpion 1.72 Roller Rockers
Trick Flow Track Heat 170cc/58cc chamber
Flat Top pistons
Pacesetter Shorty Headers
MASSIVELY Ported Truck Intake
EGR/Smog Pump Delete

Still running on Stock Speed Density ECU.. :wtf: hey it works.. surges at idle some and dies once in a while... but it's all good.. will be tuning with a moates quarter horse soon..

·
Super Moderator
21,516 Posts
Nice looking truck and welcome to the forum!!
What area of TN, N, S, E, West? I've only passed through there and of course had to tour the JD and ****el distilleries, a must right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking truck and welcome to the forum!!
What area of TN, N, S, E, West? I've only passed through there and of course had to tour the JD and ****el distilleries, a must right?
middle.. bout 15 miles southeast of Nashville... im in Smyrna..

·
Super Moderator
21,516 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
I like that truck! Nice shortbed stepside. What years did that model cover?

·
Super Moderator
21,516 Posts
The old days it was stepside, i guess and then they had to come up with a fancier name or something. Us old people still say stepside like most do xerox copies not just photo copies. lol Orrr there's the ones in wisconsin and areas around there that call a drinking fountain a bubbler. That one's the best, i always harass my cheesehead friend over that [email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The old days it was stepside, i guess and then they had to come up with a fancier name or something. Us old people still say stepside like most do xerox copies not just photo copies. lol Orrr there's the ones in wisconsin and areas around there that call a drinking fountain a bubbler. That one's the best, i always harass my cheesehead friend over that [email protected]
no... Fords have ALL WAYS been Flareside since the 30's.. there is proof of this.. i can pull it up if needed...

Chevy's are Stepsides.

Ford has never used the term Stepside..

·
Super Moderator
21,516 Posts
Guess it's just us old people that call them all stepsides or narrow box/bed. I know now what a flareside is but if someone had said flareside 15-20 yrs ago i wouldn't of had a clue what that was. lol Didn't know it was make specific. I hadn't seen "Flareside" til we got our '01 Supercrew and i was looking something up and ran across that term which was the first time i'd heard of it. Not arguing with you just saying when i first heard of it. Us old farts are kinda behind on the little things like that.

Working at a gas station in GA i called a Suzuki Samurai a jeep thing and was informed it was NOT a jeep. LOL Was close enough for me just to determine what pump number they were at but guess he didn't agree. :)

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
Flareside, styleside... it's like flammable and inflammable. I can never remember which is which.

·
Super Moderator
21,516 Posts
Ya we've always called them stepsides...can't say i'm a fan of jeep being used like that though.
Wow, never heard a jeep called that. Doesn't even make sense to me. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Chris:

My oldest son and I are building '92 Flareside XLT standard cab. We are stroking a 351W into a 393ci.

We are in the beginning stages. We have the truck and a different engine already bored 0.030 over. We have the D5AE heads which have been shaved and we are shooting for a 9.5:1 compression ratio.

The question I have for you is I see that you used the original intake and injection system. Did you replace the injectors with aftermarket (and larger) injectors? l assume you had to use a high pressure fuel pump. What other changes did you make?

We are trying to decide if we are going old school and ripping out the everything electronic, or if we are going to keep the electronics. If we go old school, we understand we'll need to put in a different tranny (C6) and switch the gauges over to mechanical, as well as a ton of other work. We would also switch it to a 2X4.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts