1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
you've come a long way. Looking good.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Great looking Falcon gasser! Gassers often had mixed breed engines, so your SBC is not out of line for a period correct gasser. Of course I'm a bit more understanding as my '63 Falcon gasser project is getting fitted with a 454 Chevy and Super T10. But it does have an 8.8" Ford rearend under it, and an Econoline axle! :)
Mine's still in mockup stage, with most pieces either tacked together, or unfinished. I built a 1"x3" heavy box tubing frame under the stock frame that will connect to the rear. Did some extra firewall braces to go from firewall to frame ends after the inner fenderwells were removed. Just put the 8.8" rear under it yesterday, and still need to weld it up, and build my ladder bars.
Looking at probably another year before it hits the street or strip.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Mine has a BW T-10 from a '78 or '79 Trans Am. How do I know if it's a super T-10? It also has a 9" rear narrowed to stock Falcon width. I built the frame from 2x3 tube all the way back to the rear section and tied it in. I used a Speedway front axle. I've been tinkering with this car for 3 years and now getting serious because I want to drive it to the Vintage Torque Fest. I still need to put the headliner in, put the glass in and wire it. PLUS lots of little things I'm sure.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts