Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
I believe he fabbed all his. I intend to do the same, bought some 3/16 plate. Originally, I picked up a magnetic laser level cube thing to try and get both sides even. Couldn't get that to work. Now it's thin card stock patterned, and transferred to the opposite side. As soon as I finish all the rust repair on the roof, the plasma cutter comes out!

· Registered
67 Fairlane 500XL. Planning on a 32 valve 4.6, 4r70w swap
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Still looking for parts and ordering some. Found some 96-98 cobra cams online. Still haven't decided yet if I want to bite the bullet for a Forged Crank. Definitely going h-beam rods and probably flat top pistons.
My daughter's transmission still is not done, so I rolled her explorer off the lift today so I could do some work on one of my side by sides. I also need to replace an IWE on my Raptor tomorrow. Might decide to pull the Teksid this weekend or next.
Also looking at better welders. I have a cheapy Lincoln weldpack mig with no gas. Need something with gas and also looking for tig capabilities. Eastwood has some decent prices and good reviews. I'd love a Miller but damn they are pricey.

· Registered
13 Posts
Welders. That will bring a debate for sure! The Blue or Red made units are sworn by, but I went against my family loyalties and bought an Everlast mig/stick combo. 1/2 the price, 2x the features. Excellent online reviews, but China. Only issue after a bit over a year is the the regulator gauge stuck, but it has a flowmeter. $20 fix when I get around to it. Eventually, I will buy an ac/dc Tig unit and it will be an Everlast.

· Registered
79 Posts
the reason i ask is the lincoln 210 will tig steel if you buy the tig attachment you can also mig weld and stick weld with this unit and they had a 400 rebate 2 months ago which brought it in the 1600 range but i am going to warn to buy from local business due to the initial problem i had and as a search of the web others also had the same problem but my dealer got it fixed i have to do a day of welding to confirm but i have done some with it and it is good so far

· Registered
67 Fairlane 500XL. Planning on a 32 valve 4.6, 4r70w swap
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Welders. That will bring a debate for sure! The Blue or Red made units are sworn by, but I went against my family loyalties and bought an Everlast mig/stick combo. 1/2 the price, 2x the features. Excellent online reviews, but China. Only issue after a bit over a year is the the regulator gauge stuck, but it has a flowmeter. $20 fix when I get around to it. Eventually, I will buy an ac/dc Tig unit and it will be an Everlast.
The Eastwood I am looking at I'd made in USA, fwiw.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts