Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks. New guy here.

Working on a 1969 Falcon Futura (6 cyl car) that I plan to drop a 351W/5 speed into and have a fun track car. I want it to corner and handle well, so I'm thinking I'll try and fabricate a K-member and Mustang II type control arms. I'm trying to figure out what ball joints and sleeves will work with a factory spindle (or a drop spindle for the same car...or recommendations for a better spindle that will easily convert to disc brakes) so that I can make some tubular control arms. The fabrication is no issue, I can bend tubing and TIG weld. The figuring out what parts will work with what is the issue, so far. I plan to fabricate my own K member as well as the upper control arm and coilover mounts. Its definitely a big undertaking but I have more time than money and these kits to convert will cost more than the car, haha. I'm close to ordering some 7 degree Chrysler ball joints and reaming the knuckle if necessary.

The plan is to build a 351W, aluminum heads with a T5. Still debating on the rear end set up. I don't think I'll need the 9", it won't make a TON of power, nor will I be launching it. I was thinking of doing the simple 8.8 swap out of an explorer and eventually converting that to a four link/coilover as well.

Any thoughts or information about this would be welcome. I haven't built a car since I was a kid and have never messed with anything this old. But I got bit by the hotrod bug and this car just sort or presented itself.

Brad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just realized I posted this in the non-tech forum. Whoops. Mods, please relocate or delete. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts