Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Mike. I live in near Niagara Falls, NY. I just scored a 67 Galaxie. The car has 40,000 original miles and is very solid. The interior is beautiful with no rips in the seats or headliner. It has a 1961 390 (C1AE-V which should be 375hp with solid lifters)and a 4 speed. We're (my sons and I) new to Fords as we have a 1965 Pontiac GTO, a 1968 Bonneville, a 1967 LeMans and a 1963 Beetle. I'm looking forward to working on this car a driving the heck out of it, and will need some help with questions I'm sure. One thing I do need is the driver's side door glass. If anyone has an idea for that, I'd appreciate it. Here are a few pics of our cars.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice bevy of cars there! That 67 should be a lot of fun with the solid lifter 390 and the four speed.:)

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You have quite a collection there of cars. Bout time you added a Ford in there too. :) I have a soft spot for the Catalinas and Bonnevilles too though. And that one is nice, like that color.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Here's a little history on the Galaxie. A friend of mine bought it in 1975 (with 40,000 original miles) to take the engine out and put it in a truck, apparently there was some front end damage at the time also. He found a 67 wagon with the 390 engine and 4 speed tranny and good fenders and hood and put them all on the Gal. In 1976, he bought all new trim for the exterior, including tail light lenses and all of the wheel well trim. He also bought new arm rests and door handles. The lenses are still in the boxes and all of the trim is in the trunk. After 37 years in his garage, he decides he wants to get rid of it, and asks my wife if I would be interested. Of course I was and he sold it to me, for $500!

I was very excited to see it, but he made me wait a month while he cleaned it up. The car is very solid, but has a couple small holes in the passenger side frame. The interior is fantastic. He thought the engine was seized, so we pulled the plugs and put some WD-40 in the cylinders and tried to turn it over with a breaker bar on the crank bolt. It turned very easily (I don't think it was seized because it didn't pop free, it just turned very easily). We took the valve covers off and there is no sludge. We turned the oil pump with a ratchet and the oil flowed to the rockers and built 20 psi. Next is to do a compression check, install the Accel dual point distributor that’s in the trunk, get a carb and battery and fire it up!

The previous owner also sold me a set of Torque Thrust wheel with the black centers. I'll get new tires and start driving it. Here are a couple more pics:

·
Premium Member
5,912 Posts
That dashboard is probably worth more than the car... Hmm would that really be possible??

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The window glass comes up on ebay once in a while, so that is one option. Salvage yard is another, or you can call Desert Valley Auto Parts or CTC Auto Ranch and they will pull the parts from a car and ship to you in exchange for your left arm.

Wish I had your dash pad!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A little bit of an update on my Galaxie. I found door glass on eBay and just received it, nice shape.

Also we started the beast this week. We had to use a 2 gallon gas can with the fuel pump suction hose dropped into it because I've got to drop and clean out the gas tank. The start went well thanks to my cousin and the car sounds great.

The frame is worse than we thought, but nothing that can't be fixed. We'll start on it probably in the spring.

Here are a couple of videos:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love hearing about another Galaxie getting put back on the road! Good luck on the frame repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

1 - 14 of 14 Posts