Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading, so I though I might as well say hello.

I have a '70 Fairlane project car I bought recently and I'm sure I will find some good info on this site.

Oh, and I might be a newb here but I have somewhere around 20k posts between all the boards I frequent.

I should dig up a picture..

Anyways, hello.

And in the interest of full disclosure I do work for one of them car magazines...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See, I don't suck at the interweb...

Right now it looks good, but is painfully slow. Going to start at the diferential and work my way forward. Still hashing out what engine I'm going to run.

The Fairlane was an Ebay find. The previous guy had done a restoration and the car looked more like a retirement home ride. It's fun to drive and I get of "thumbs up" with it. (along with the "I didn't know they made a Fairlane in 1970!" comments.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On 2006-12-29 17:27, FEandGoingBroke wrote:
Nice looking even with the funky rims!
Funky? Them thar are what's called "retro".. it's all the rage these days..

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Hey welcome to fordmuscle..Nice looking ride and something different..Don't be offended by FE's "funky looking rims comment".He gets around to insulting everyone eventually so you've got that out of the way early.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On 2006-12-29 19:56, frdnut wrote:
Hey welcome to fordmuscle..Nice looking ride and something different..Don't be offended by FE's "funky looking rims comment".He gets around to insulting everyone eventually so you've got that out of the way early.
No prob.. I've been around and it takes alot to rile me up on the net

Nice site, I've already gleened a few choice tidbits of information..

At first I was going to do a Mustang, but then decided it would be nice to try something a bit more offbeat. It's actually a pretty fun car to cruise around in.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Steve, welcome!
Probably a long shot but did you graduate from Granada Hills High Shool in 1991??? If so you may remember me...

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
On 2006-12-29 17:39, StevenRupp wrote:
On 2006-12-29 17:27, FEandGoingBroke wrote:
Nice looking even with the funky rims!
Funky? Them thar are what's called "retro".. it's all the rage these days..
Shoot, I thought that the rims on my '64 were 'retro', Steve....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, there's different levels of retro Jan

Yours have that "old school" patina..

On 2006-12-29 20:27, lovemyHO wrote:
Hi Steve, welcome!
Probably a long shot but did you graduate from Granada Hills High Shool in 1991??? If so you may remember me...
Sorry, La Palma, CA.. Class of 83..

Nice to meet ya though..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StevenRupp on 12/30/06 1:30pm ]</font>

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
welcome aboard Steven
tim

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On 2006-12-30 07:20, MonsterMach wrote:
Welcome ...

I presume you show up at Fabulous Fords Forever each year?

If so maybe we (Queenie and I) will see you there.
Actually no, it's been awhile since I've owned a Ford. I went a couple years ago just to browse though. You can bet your ____ that I will be at the next one though. Events are much more fun when you have a car.

My last 3 or so cars built have all been Camaros.. I know, where's that flamesuit? lol

I like all makes and models (mostly). If I was rich I would probley own one of almost everything.

When is the FFF show next year?

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
You sound a lot like me in that regard ...

We have a 67 Camaro (SS350 clone) of our own ... It's actually Queenies, but of course it's hers to drive ... Mine to work on

I'm not certain of the exact days ... but something near the second weekend in April is usual

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MonsterMach on 12/30/06 10:45pm ]</font>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts