Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just making my way through the great articles on the site and figured I post a welcome message for myself.

"Hi, I'm new."

I've got a '67 Galaxie that I will be working on this spring and am making the rounds to different places online in an effort to find as much information as possible on FE blocks (particularly the 390, which is what I have in the '67).

My daily driver is a 2000 Excursion with the Powerstroke Diesel. Unfortunately, my Galaxie is very de-nutted (a somewhat tired 390 fed by a 2bbl) and doesn't stand a chance against the Excursion off-the-line or top-speed. I plan to "fix" this problem this spring.

Anyway, just stopping by to say "hey."

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Welcome, 'homey'. (twin cities, is plenty close to NR).
In either case, there are lots of guys/gals here that have a plethora of information on FE's.Unfortunately, I am not one of them. Enjoy the site!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hey Eric,

Welcome! You'll find lots of guys with very valuable FE info in the tech area. There alot of great guys/gals on this site to help you with any of your car/humor needs to. Enjoy!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On 2002-02-03 12:24, drag79stang wrote:
Welcome, 'homey'. (twin cities, is plenty close to NR).
In either case, there are lots of guys/gals here that have a plethora of information on FE's.Unfortunately, I am not one of them. Enjoy the site!
Nice to see people in the midwest on this site. Where do you go to race your '79 stang? I would be interested in seeing it in action. I am ashamed to say it, but I have never been to a drag race before...always been a "truck" guy.

How far from the twin cities in New Richmond?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On 2002-02-03 13:23, DynoTom wrote:
Welcome to Fordmuscle!

This place has tons of good info and fun stuff going on all the time,I probably should spend more "tech time" at that techboard,but I almost always get caught up "messing around" in the garage!

Oh well, I guess I could be doing worse things?
DynoTom,

You have any plans on building up the 390 in your '66 Galaxie?

Also, what's a guy gotta do around here to get his "subscriber" status shown? I paid my yearly dues.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
erlong, I plan on only doing a few mods to my 66 Galaxie.

I want to switch it to a 4-speed,and add some Flowmaster mufflers.

I think it will be a good fun cruiser car that I could take anywhere.

I have a 65 Falcon Sprint getting set up for real serious power and speed,so I can leave my other cars semi-stock to stock and still be happy.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
erlong.............NR is about 20 minutes (down 94), to the cities. Ain't you neva' been cross da border???????? (i.e. Hudson exit/Somerset/River Falls exit/New Richmond/Roberts exit)........
I raced Rock Falls (just out of Eau Claire), all last year, and once at Grove Creek, (in Mn). This year I'm hopefully going ALL over the midwest, (mommy allowing, of course).
Would be good to have more people to chat with @ the track!
Never ever been to the drags????????
Unbelieveable! What's more......Unthinkable!!!!! Gotta get ya hooked!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On 2002-02-03 23:28, DynoTom wrote:
erlong, I plan on only doing a few mods to my 66 Galaxie.

I want to switch it to a 4-speed,and add some Flowmaster mufflers.

I think it will be a good fun cruiser car that I could take anywhere.
Cool. I'm putting on flowmasters this spring with new dual exhaust and headers. I am going to go with the original 40 series (http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/web10/SePerfMuff3.html). Man, I love that sound. I can't wait to be cruising with the top down and to be able to listen to that.
Sure does beat the AM radio that is stuck on 3 stations.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On 2002-02-04 07:53, drag79stang wrote:
erlong.............NR is about 20 minutes (down 94), to the cities. Ain't you neva' been cross da border???????? (i.e. Hudson exit/Somerset/River Falls exit/New Richmond/Roberts exit)........
I raced Rock Falls (just out of Eau Claire), all last year, and once at Grove Creek, (in Mn). This year I'm hopefully going ALL over the midwest, (mommy allowing, of course).
Would be good to have more people to chat with @ the track!
Never ever been to the drags????????
Unbelieveable! What's more......Unthinkable!!!!! Gotta get ya hooked!
Sure, been to Hudson, Somerset, and River Falls, just never paid much attention to anything beyond River Falls.
I've made plenty of trips to Madison...very familiar with I-94 east and west of the cities.

I have no doubt I'd get hooked, and then I'd realize even more how much money I need to spend. I've been trying to train the future wife on why it's important to have nice vehicles and more vehicles than drivers around the house.
We'll see if it pays off!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Erlong and Dragstang,
If you guys are ever over at Rockfalls and you see an unpainted or silver Cobra there, stop over and say hi. I plan on getting over there at least once to see what it will do. One of my Cobra buddies lives within earshot of the strip (and has never been there!)so there may be more than one of us there.

Greg

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Anytime anyone rolls/drives/trailers in a cobra, (albeit kit car, or real), it usually draws a pretty big crowd at the rock.
No problem with the 'chit chatting' if we see ya there.......it's a natural thing..........

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Welcome Erlong!
Hey dragstang, we used to stop at Hudson whenever we were Chicago or Wisc Dells bound. There was a fantastic truckstop restaurant there...........is it still there, which exit is it?
LJ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts