Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys , i need new headers for my Maverick as 1.3 / 4 " , inform anyone know if the JBA 6610S model fits the Maverick with 4-speed gearbox ?
This collector is designed for Mustang 1972 302W motor, and fits manual gearbox whit Z bar. For this reason I believe it serves in a Maverick ...
Thanks for help.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
I suspect that the Maverick needs headers that were specifically designed for them. Especially when you are talking big 1 3/4" tubes.

The Mustang has a wider engine bay than the Maverick. It was built to hold a 429 motor. The Maverick has a narrow engine bay, especially at the shock tower. Made to hold a 302 motor. It is a very tight fit for the properly built headers.

From that my belief is that the headers built for the Mustang would probably not fit as there was more initial room between the shock towers for the designers to work with.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I don't know if this is any help, but, I;m running Hedman long tubes out of a Maverick, 1 5/8", pulled them out of a Mav. that got written off.
Hedman long tubes- # 88308's or 88300's spec;d for a Mav. running a sm.block ford, with 4 speed or C-4.
They fit in my 62 Fairlanes cramped engine bay with a minor # 1 tube dimple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts